- Open PLOS pdf to see example. We will be re-creating our version of fig 7D. Read figure legend to see how processing was documented.
- Open Sample.tif to see my version of what you will create.
- Open and read PLOS Author instructions pdf. You should read author instruction for your journal BEFORE preparing figures. Also - Figures have to fit to print column sizes. Know what size you need before you start.
- Open Photoshop, set Photoshop preferences to log your steps. Preferences/General/Check History Log/Choose Metadata, text file or both/EditLog Items = Detailed. Metadata is a file attached to your image. View from File/File Info/History.
- Close all of this - you are ready to go.