Accessibility disclaimer: To obtain information contained in document files on this page in an accessible format please contact the Light Microscopy Imaging Center at (812) 856-1734 or through email at email@example.com
Super-Resolution Light Microscopy Workshop: Theory to Practice of Localization Microscopy
Light Microscopy Imaging Center
Indiana University Bloomington
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
This workshop was held May 27th, 2015 in JH009.
General questions may be directed to Jim Powers. Links to slides from talks lots more resourses are below.
Session 1, The Theory
- 9:30 - 10:00: Bagels and Coffee 10 - 10:30: Introduction.
- Sid Shaw, IUB. Contact Sid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sid's Talk
- 10:30 - 11:00: Theory of Localization Microscopy - Good applications for the technology.
- Ann McEvoy, Ph.D Senior Scientist at GE Healthcare. Contact Ann at email@example.com.
- 11:00 - 11:30: Practical Considerations when using localization microscopy.
- Patrina Pellett, Ph.D. Field Applications Scientist, GE Healthcare. Contact Patrina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A combination of Ann and Patrina's talks.
- Lunch Break
Session 2, The Details
- 1:30 - 3:30: The Details...what you have to do to make this work.
- Demo and Explanation of our processing software
- Camera calibration
- Sample Prep specifics
- Online Web-Seminar Patrina gave on structured illumination microscopy (SIM).
- Quick Reference Instructions for DLM acquisition on the OMX.
- Quick Reference Instructions for DLM analysis on the OMX.
- Official GE OMX DLM instruction manual.
- Quick Reference for structured illumination microscopy (SIM) reconstruction.
- DLM Localization Imaging Buffer Directions and Recipe.
- These are the papers mentioned in Ann and Patrina's talks:
- Olivier et al., Biomed. Optics. Exp., (2013), 4, 885. Paper on buffers for DLM imaging.
- Dempsey et al. Evaluation of fluorophores for optimal performance in localization-based super-resolution imaging. Nat Methods. 2011 Nov 6;8(12):1027-36.
- Whelan, D.R. & Bell, T.D.M. Image artifacts in Single Molecule Localization Microscopy: why optimization of sample preparation protocols matters. Sci. Rep. 5, 7924. (2015).